Monday, May 12, 2003

Mom's day misc.

Yesterday was Mother’s day, unfortunately I had to work 1 – 8pm, so I was unable to go over to my mom’s. I did arrange to have some flowers delivered, and I took my parents out to dinner on Saturday night. The thing is, when I called my mom on Tuesday, or maybe it was Wednesday, to let her know I had to work, she mentioned that my brother was out of town for the entire weekend, so he was suggesting that we do something next week, instead of this weekend. It kind of pissed me off that I have to arrange my schedule around my brother’s schedule. It’s something that happens whenever we try to have some kind of family event. Now I realize that he is busy, but I think he should be willing to re-arrange his life a bit sometimes too. So I took my mom and dad out for dinner (my Dad’s birthday was earlier in the week, so it was something for both of them. The First restaurant we went to was very crowded. So we went to a nearby place, one which we don’t frequent as often as the first, but we were able to get a table without waiting, and we had a nice evening, the food was good, not great but good, and we talked a lot about my older brother and the problems he has been experiencing lately. I was kind of thankful that I don’t have to deal with the stuff he does, and realized that my life is pretty simple, maybe even boring, sometimes I think it’s a bad thing but other times it’s not so bad.

No comments: