Tuesday, May 27, 2003

get away

It"s a good thing to get away from it all even if you never go anywhere. I took off from work last Thursday and Friday and with the weekend and the Memorial Day Holiday, I had five days of nothing, so did not check my email, never checked the various blogs and discussion groups, and had a mini vacation. I did some household chores, went to the beach and got a suntan, rode my bike around town and in general goofed around doing not much of anything. I watched a Japanese lantern ceremony on Memorial day, at sunset, they float literally hundreds of lanterns in memory of those who have been lost. There was something very peaceful and calming watching hundreds of lights floating away on the ocean. I enjoyed it immensely. The only problem is that sitting at my desk I'm wanting to go on vacation again.

No comments: